Our aim is to provide a relaxed break for families and couples alike and to ensure that everyone has a great holiday. To ensure the maximum enjoyment of your break and that of all other guests at Thornbrook Barn and to ensure good management of the site, farm and property the following Terms and Conditions are in place.
These form the agreement between us for your occupation of a site pitch at Thornbrook Barn. In these Term & Conditions, the expression 'you/your/guest' means the caravan/motorhome owner and/or occupier of the pitch and the expression 'we/us/our' means Alan & Sandra Hodkinson.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these Terms & Conditions or the Site Rules or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to us or to any other visitors or customers of ours, to leave the site immediately. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Booking your holiday Advance booking is advisable and essential at Bank Holidays. Checking availability and making a booking can be made in the following ways:
by telephone: 015242 41432 or
by Online Booking facility at www.thornbrookbarn.co.uk or
by e-mail: email@example.com
A Booking is secured and a contract exists between us when we have received the requested payment:
- For stays of 3nts or less full payment is required at the time of maklng the booking.
- Stays 4nts+ £25.00 non-refundable deposit payable with the balance payable prior to arrival or on arrival. Payment of any balance outstanding can be made by the following ways:
- Pre-pay online before arrival by login to our secure server using the email address and the password which was emailed to you when you initially confirmed your booking. The link to access your booking details are via our website https://thornbrookbarn.anytimebooking.eu/my_account/
- Cash on arrival
- Card payment on arrival
- Full payment is required for bookings covering the Bank Holiday Period.
Our minimum booking of three nights applies for May Day, Spring Bank Holiday and August Bank Holiday and four nights for the Easter Bank Holiday.
Pitches are allocated on a first come basis (unless advised otherwise).
Acceptance of the booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
The balance due is based on the information given at the time of booking, if for any reason this is incorrect please inform us before arrival to make sure that the changes are acceptable. Please note that this may alter the amount payable. The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid on arrival. If the balance is not paid when you arrive at the site we reserve the right to cancel your holiday. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the booking and warrants that they are over 21 years of age and that the party will not exceed the numbers stated in the booking.
Please see below our policy on group bookings. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
Commercial vehicles, inc vans, vans conversions, horse box conversions and those including sign writing are only permitted at our discretion; please contact us with a photo of your unit.
Confirmation: Once a booking has been accepted by us; which shall be subject to availability at the time we receive your booking form, a contract is made subject to these conditions. On acceptance we will send you written confirmation showing the dates booked and the deposit paid.
Arrival and Departure: All guests and visitors must report to us on arrival. Guests must pitch up where directed by the Site owner. Touring pitches are available from 1.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 12.00 on the day of departure - due to access lane and site maintenance. The latest arrival time is 9.00pm. As a courtesy please inform us if your arrival time is after 6.30pm.
Pitches are allocated on a first come basis (unless advised otherwise/or there is a reserved notice place on a pitch by us) Acceptance of the booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch. Vacated pitches must be left clear of all property and refuse. Any cause for complaint must be in the first instance addressed to us at Thornbrook Barn, Thornton-in-Lonsdale LA6 3PD where we shall do our best to resolve such matters. Guests with access or mobility concerns are asked to contact us at the time of booking. We do have a unisex wheelchair accessible wetroom with shower, toilet and basin. A £10 refundable key deposit will be required for any guest wishing to use this facility.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation of the booking by you: You may cancel at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us.
Cancellation charges apply:
- Stays of 1 night: Loss of total amount paid for the pitch.
- All other bookings cancelled up to 7.00pm the day before arrival: A £25.00 fee/loss of deposit applies for stays NOT over a Bank Holiday
- All other bookings cancelled after 7.00pm the day before arrival and on the arrival day then all monies are forfeited.
- UK Bank Holidays stays: Loss of the full amount paid - NO refunds.
- You are advised to take out holiday insurance. Any refunds will be made to the person who made the initial booking and paid in the same form and type at this time. We do not give credits to future bookings.
- Alterations/amendments to the arrival/departure date must be given at least 7 days notice prior to arrival otherwise an amendment fee of £25.00 applies or for Bank Holiday bookings (arriving Thursday/Friday/Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekends of Easter, May Day, Spring Bank, August BH and New Year) the full cancellation fee applies. You are advised to have insurance in place before booking.
- Having made a booking and if you do not turn up ('no shows') at our site by 9.00pm on the first day of booking (without letting the us know more 7 days prior to the due arrival day) we will treat you as having cancelled the booking and you will not be entitled to a refund of your deposit/payment.
Refund of site fees: If you decide to leave the site early for any reason (including weather, unless we class the conditions as being too severe to stay on the site) we will keep any unused fees and you will not be entitled to a refund. If conditions on site are deemed unsuitable by us (for example flooding, snow) resulting in us cancelling your booking then we shall refund all monies paid for the dates that the site is unusable. If the site needs evacuating in an emergency situation and there is insufficient time to process a refund on site, you will be contacted as soon as possible following the evacuation in order to arrange for the refund to be arranged. In the event that you are ejected from the site for a breach of one of the Terms and Conditions or Rules, no refund will be payable.
Day visitors to guests staying on the site: There is a charge of £2.00 per person per day only by prior arrangement with ourselves. All guests must report to the house with their vehicle details and number of occupants The total occupancy of the pitch must not exceed 6 persons.
Group Bookings: We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from hen and stag parties, single sex groups 3+ in size. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
Behaviour Standards: You must act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us and other guests. You must comply with the Site Rules which are available on display on the site and below:
- On the site guests must obey all instructions given by the site owner.
- Guests must dispose of rubbish, waste water and chemical waste as directed.
- Awnings are not permitted on the grass.
- Pup tents/small tents cannot be erected on your pitch to provide extra sleeping accommodation.
- All pets must be kept on a lead no more than 2 metres.
- Generators must not be used on the touring site.
- Vehicle speed must be kept to 5mph at all times
- The use of gas cylinders with a capacity greater than 15kg is not recommended at Thornbrook Barn for supplying touring caravans, motorhomes or tents.
- If the site owner feels that a guests behaviour or the behaviour of the guests children or pets are causing a nuisance the owner is permitted to ask a guest to cease their behaviour and to leave the site.
- Children must be supervised properly at all times by a responsible adult so they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
- Children must not play in or around the Recycling Bins, Tap/water area and Chemical Toilet waste point. or between caravans/motorhomes. Any damage to the site will be the responsibility of the children's parents or guardians.
- Children must ride bicycles responsibility on the site and access lane.
- Ball games are not permitted in or around the caravans/motorhomes.
- No music, singing or other noise which may cause nuisance to other occupiers of the site shall be permitted between 10.30pm and 7.00am and at all other times we would ask you to be considerate and not cause or create any undue noise or experience.
- No vehicle movement is permitted between 10.30pm and 7.00am. (if you intend on leaving the site in your vehicle for an early start to go walking please park your vehicle in the arrivals parking area the evening before).
- Heating: All heating (gas. electric and sold fuel) is prohibited in awnings.
- You should leave the areas of the park in a clean and tidy condition.
- Please place litter in the bins provided and recycle waste items wherever possible.
- Washing lines and rotary driers are only permitted if they are not visible by other guests on the park.
- Customers must not put rubbish, detergents or any other material which might block the septic tank or sewage system into any of the waste points.
- Campfires are not allowed on the site and barbecues and chimneas are only allowed if the surface area underneath them is protected and they must stand clear of the ground.
- Anyone found to be damaging the site and equipment will be asked to leave the site immediately.No logs, branches, twigs and similar may be removed for any purpose from any of the hedges surrounding the site as our wildlife rely on this for their habitat.
- You must not commit any criminal offence on the site or undertake any criminal activity.
- You must not commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance. You must not use any unlawful drugs. You must not carry on any trade or business on the site.
- No paddling, swimming, sailing of boats is permitted in the stream that runs through the site. Nor should any items be thrown into the water.Note: Part of the Stream is unfenced; care should be taken with young children. There is a immature newly planted hedge alongside the stream.
- No recreational vehicles (including but not limited to motorised scooters/skateboards and non-road legal motorised vehicles) may be used on the site, with the exception of accessibility scooters.
- Vehicles on site must have a current and valid road fund licence displayed. Drivers of vehicles, including motorcycles must hold a current valid driving licence to drive on the site.
- Washing of cars or other vehicles is not permitted on the site
Pets: Well-behaved dogs are only permitted by prior arrangement with us. Maximum of 2 dogs per pitch. Such arrangements must be made at the time of booking. Dogs must be kept on a lead of 2 metres or less at all times and should not be left unattended on the site at any time. Dogs must not be permitted to foul the site, access road nor dog exercise area, however, we are aware that accidents do happen and you must clean up immediately if the animal defecates. No dog breed listed under the 'Dangerous Dogs Act 1991' is permitted on the site
Pets are not permitted in any area of the toilet/shower/pot wash area. If it is deemed that a pet is creating a nuisance or causing disturbance to others their owner will be asked to remove them from the site.
Liability: We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur to your caravan, motorhome or tent or associated property whilst on our site except where such loss or damage has arisen as a result of our negligence or as a breach of our duty to you. The accommodation and facilities are used entirely at guests' own risk. The owners are absolved of all liability for accidents, loss or damage to any person or property howsoever caused.
Vehicles and Pitching: All units and vehicles must be stationed or parked following the directions of us. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to re-site your vehicle or unit. The six metre rule applies: Units excluding guy ropes must be 6 metres apart from adjacent units. This is a precaution against fire
Security and Booking Confirmation: All prices quoted are in £ pounds sterling GBP. We endeavor to ensure that the information shown on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors on this site, including but not limited to those regarding price. We reserve the right to make changes to our website including prices, products and Terms and Conditions without any notice being given. All services provided are subject to availability, and on occasions you may be offered an alternative. This alternative will be offered by telephone or email.
Data Protections Act 1998: A&S Hodkinson (T/A Thornbrook Barn) are not required to register under the Act, however we are required to follow eight guiding principles laid down by the Act, These are:- Fairly and lawfully processed; Processed for limited purpose, Adequate, relevant and not excessive: accurate and up-to-date; Not kept for longer than is necessary: Processed in line with the data subject's right; Secure; and not transferred to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEa), unless that country ensures the protection of the rights of the individual to whom the data relate. If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your booking details.
Contact & Communication: Users contacting this website and/or the owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk. This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are NOT passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this websites email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. Email marketing campaigns published by this website or the owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
External Links: Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and the owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. Social Media Platforms Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and the owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor the owners will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media: This website and owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL's [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URL's published on social media platforms by this website and the owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URL's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and the owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
www.thornbrookbarn.co.uk has successfully validated with the requirements of the PCI DSS (Compliance with the Payment Card Industry, Data Industry, Data Security Standard) effective from the 11th January 2017 and will be reviewed and validated annually.
Thank you Alan & Sandra Hodkinson (T/A Thornbrook Barn Caravan Site) Thornton in Lonsdale Ingleton LA6 3PD Updated 27.1.17